Apple Charlotte Alla Milanese
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place apples, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon zest and wine in a heavy saucepan.
- Pour in water to cover completely.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered 15 minutes.
- Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with water.
- Let soak 10 minutes, then drain and reserve.
- In a small bowl, cream together butter and remaining sugar until well combined.
- Coat the bottom and sides of a 2-quart baking dish with this butter mixture.
- Line bottom and sides of the baking dish with bread slices, overlapping slightly.
- Drain the apples and combine them with the drained raisins.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into the lined dish.
- Cover the top with the remaining bread.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour.
- To serve (warm or cold), pour rum over the warm charlotte and light it with a long match or kitchen torch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!