This delicate, saffron seasoned risotto dish goes with just about any entree. Posting for ZWT7, Recipe is from http://www.italianfoodforever.com
- Ready In:
- 6 cups chicken broth, Heated
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 Tbsp Removed To Finish The Dish)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon of saffron threads soaked in a little stock
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the rice and stir until it is well coated with the butter.
- Add the white wine, and stir continually over medium heat until it is absorbed. Start to add 1/2 cup of hot broth, stirring as it is absorbed.
- Continue in this manner, adding ladles full of hot broth, and stirring continuously for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked, but remains slightly firm to the teeth.
- About 5 minutes before completion, add the saffron. Remove from the heat, add the remaining butter and the parmesan cheese, stir to combine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION