Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This relish goes best with beans or peas, but is good enough to eat with anything.
- 8 quarts ripe tomatoes, blanched,peeled,and chopped (about 40 to 45 tomatoes)
- 8 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups vinegar
- 3 green bell peppers, cored and chopped
- 3 red bell peppers, cored and chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large pot, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until thick (about 3 hours).
- Pour the relish into hot, sterilized pint jars, cover, and process in a boiling bath for 15 minutes.
pretty good! I used apple cider instead, and added a few sliced hot peppers for a littlt kick! hubby loved it, put up six pints