Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have tried so many recipes for chili, and this one is by far the best. Rick is my chili taster expert so that is why I call it Rick's chili. I have so many chili recipes this is how I keep his fav separate, by naming it after him.
- 3 lbs ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whold onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 -3 corn tortillas, chopped in pieces
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel (mild,med,or hot)
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (I sometimes use water)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can beans (any kind, I like pinto)
- Heat oil, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add ground beef and brown.
- Add everything else ,except beans.
- Cook on simmer for 30 minute.
- Drain beans and add to chili. Warm up and enjoy.