1/1 Photo of Rich Chocolate Almond Coconut Bars
Baby Kato's Note:
We love sweets and this one does not disappoint. I got this recipe from a local paper 10 years ago. A lovely bittersweet chocolate crust with almonds and coconut filling. Toasting the coconut creates a nice nutty, dark, deep flavor. Sounds like a chocolate bar doesn't it. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml flour
- 59.14 ml butter
- 56.69 g chocolate, bittersweet
- 14.79 ml milk, chocolate
- 2 eggs, large
- 236.59 ml sugar, brown, dark, lightly packed
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 44.37 ml flour
- 2.46 ml almond extract, pure
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract, pure
- 236.59 ml almonds, salted, coarsely chopped
- 177.44-236.59 ml coconut, lightly toasted (the toasting is optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a small pot melt the butter and chocolate, slowly over a low heat.
- 3Add the flour to a bowl and mix the melted chocolate mixture into the flour.
- 4The mixture should be crumbly, next add the milk, mixing with a fork, until the crumbs are large and moist.
- 5Press the dough into an ungreased 11 x 7 " pan, bake for 10 minutes, remove and cool.
- 6In a medium size bowl lightly beat the eggs then add the brown sugar, baking powder, flour, vanilla and almond extracts, nuts and coconut, blending well.
- 7Spread the filling over the crust and bake for 25 - 30 minutes longer.
- 8Cool completely before cutting into 18 large squares.
- 9Keep any leftovers in the freezer.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolate Almond Coconut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.5
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.3 mg
- Sodium 145.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 8.8 g