Prep 6 mins
Cook 8 mins
Simple, and quick. This rice can be served on its own, as a side dish, or under stir-fried vegetables. From the Student's Vegetarian Cookbook.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups whole grain cooked brown rice
- In a medium nonstick skillet on medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add the corn, jalepino, and cumin; cover and cook on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomato, scallions, cilantro and rice.
- Cook on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes until hot.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add a dash or two of water if needed to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Salt to taste and serve.
It is very good. And also because a recipe is the best.