1/4 Photos of Rice Salad
1 hr 10 mins
Nice change from potato salad, goes well with BBQ meats, good with "Marinated Flank Steak".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot (or fresh in season)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1Wash wild rice in 3 changes of hot water, drain.
- 2Combine wild rice and 1 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan.
- 3Bring to boil.
- 4Cover, reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.
- 5In a large bowl,combine wild rice, brown rice, halved grapes,apricots and green onions.
- 6Toss well, cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- 8In a small bowl, combine yogurt, parsley, curry powder, brown sugar and salt.
- 9Stir well, cover and chill.
- 10To serve, add dressing to rice mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- 11Garnish with whole grapes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 29.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g