1 hr 10 mins
In my quest for Rice Pudding Nirvana, this brings me close to paradise! The recipe is from the Cooking Light 1993 Recipe Annual.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- 2Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3Combine 4 cups milk, sugar and rice in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 4Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Combine cornstarch and remaining 1 tablespoon milk.
- 6Add to rice mixture, stirring constantly.
- 7Bring to a boil; cook one minute.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Gradually stir about 1/4 of the rice mixture into the beaten eggs; add back to the remaining rice mixture, stirring constantly.
- 10Stir in pears and vanilla.
- 11Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- 12Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over rice mixture.
- 13Bake at 350 deg F for 45 minutes or until pudding is set and top has a light crust.
- 14Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pudding with Pears
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 75.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g