1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 35 mins
This recipe was given to my mom when she and my dad were on one of their trips to Las Vegas. They liked the food at this hotel so they stayed their quite often. One trip my mom wasn't feeling very well and asked the chef to send her up something soothing. This is what he sent up and she really enjoyed it. When she asked for the recipe, he graciously shared it with her and it became a family favorite. On a day when I'm in a lot of pain, this is a go-to recipe. It is simple to make and delicious. Even folks who aren't real fond of puddings will enjoy this. I've kept this one close to my chest for years but it's time to share!!! Bon appetit-- plantfreek
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put first three ingredients into a pan and boil together for four minutes.
- 2Put together your double boiler and in the top pan put the milk and butter. Add the hot rice mixture to this and cook in double boiler for 11/2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- 3Lightly beat the two eggs in a bowl and stir into them a 1/2 cup of the hot mixture. (You are tempering the eggs at this point, bringing temperature of eggs slowly up to that of hot mixture so you don't end up with scrambled eggs!) Add another 1/2 cup of hot mix to eggs and stir. Slowy add egg mixture back into the hot rice mixture a little at a time and stir well.
- 4Add sugar to rice and cook for a few minutes til sugar dissolves. Adjust salt now to your personal preference.
- 5Lower burner temperature under double boiler to lowest setting and add vanilla and raisins. Cook and stir gently for 1-2 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and pour into serving dishes. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top of bowls to taste. Serve warm or cold. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pudding from Riviera Hotel Las Vegas
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.8 mg
- Sodium 174.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g