Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in an old magazine years ago. It is well worth the effort and is SIMPLY DELICIOUS!
- 6 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Rinse large pan in cold water, do not dry.
- Pour in milk and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Stir in rice and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally until rice is tender, about 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla & salt.
- When rice is tender, stir in cream mixture until completely combined, bring to boil. Remove from heat and pour into 2 quart oval dish. Sprinkle top with cinnamon. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set. ENJOY!