- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2 cups non-dairy milk substitute
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil rice and milk gently, slowly add eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour into 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Add raisins.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Place into larger pan containing ½ inch water.
- Bake 35 40 minutes at 350 or until knife inserted near the edge comes out clean.