Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- oranges, rind of or lemon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Heat milk and cinnamon in small saucepan over medium heat until milk is infused with flavor of cinnamon, about 15 minutes.
- Combine rice, water, and salt in 2 to 3-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Place orange peel on top of rice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove and discard orange peel.
- Strain milk and stir into cooked rice.
- Add sugar and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
- Add raisins; simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- To reheat, add a little milk to restore creamy texture.