Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Finally a simple good tasting recipe for Rice pudding from a Mrs Beetons Cook book.
- 100 g pudding rice
- 1 liter milk
- 75 g caster sugar
- 15 g butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- butter, for greasing
- Butter a 1.75 Liter pie dish.
- Wash rice in cold water. Drain, put into the pie dish with the milk and let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Set the oven on a low heat of around 250°F.
- Stir in the sugar; sprinkle with nutmeg and flakes of butter.
- Cook for 4-5 hours or until the pudding is creamy and brown.