Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A perfect use for leftover rice! Really simple too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan. If the milk does not cover the rice, add more.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, till it boils.
- Cook and stir about 1 minute, until the milk is mostly absorbed.
- Serve warm or cold.
- For a dessert, top this with freshly whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.