Recipe by Rhonda Scheurer
Modified from the Victorian Epicure Vol 4 recipe book - very yummy!
Top Review by LuvSpices
I always thought my Mom had the best recipe which I learned, and then a friend suggest I try it with some Victorian Epicure spices and I was really surprised that it tasted so much better after adding the poudre douce. Try it for yourself!
- 1⁄3 cup short-grain rice
- 3 cups hot milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon victorian epicure poudre douce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Butter your casserole dish.
- Mix rice, milk, sugar and butter and pour into casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 2 1/2 hours (stir every 30 minutes).
- Remove from oven and stir in the vanilla.
- Sprinkle Poudre Douce on top.
- If desired, sprinkle some fruit or slivered almonds.