Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy, yummy and delicious....Nice to use up leftover rice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 1 1/2 quart, ungreased casserole dish, combine ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Place casserole dish in a baking pan with 1" of boiling water.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold, with cream or milk, if desired.
Excellent recipe! We make a lot of rice, and this is the perfect way to use up the extra. I follow the recipe as written, and it works perfectly every time. Thanks for posting!
EXCELLENTLY written recipe. Thank you for that!!! Very good recipe--just like I remembered it from my childhood. Made it in an 8x8 glass pan with a 9x13 pan as my water bath. Also cut the raisins to 1/4 cup as I'm not a huge fan. Topped with Smucker's caramel sauce. Yummy ;)