Recipe by gailanng
Simple rice pilafs like this one often accompany kebabs or other dishes in tavernas throughout the Mediterranean.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cumin seeds in a sauce pan and heat slowly until aromatic. Add chicken stock, rice, salt, pepper and dried currants and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until stock is absorbed and rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Let rice stand, covered for 5 minutes, then add parsley and almonds and fluff with a fork.