Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love how this smells when it's cooking! A very different version of pilaf.
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups white rice (I use jasmine)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a sauce pan.
- Add rice, cover and cook till rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Sauté celery, pepper, onion, and 1 t butter till tender.
- Stir vegetables into rice.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Very easy to prepare and a perfect side dish for seafood. Enough flavor without being too much and the red pepper makes it SO pretty! Thanks for posting this!
The most tasty rice pilaf that I have ever made by myself-thanks for sharing the recipe.
I have never been to Joe's Crab Shack before but this is the best rice pilaf I have ever eaten! I love trying new rice dishes and this one is just delicious. It definitely needed salt when it was done though, but it has a nice, light flavor to it. I also used unsalted butter so that may be why I felt it needed extra seasoning, but nevertheless, I loved it and it couldn't be any easier to prepare. This is a keeper for sure :-)