Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A classic rice pilaf that goes well with chicken.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups basmati-style long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Saute butter, shallot, salt & pepper in a skillet over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice & stir until well coated.
- Increase heat to medium-high and let rice cook until toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, bay leaf & rosemary.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat. Cover & cook until all the broth has been absorbed by the rice, about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from heat & let set for 5 minutes.
- Discard the rosemary & bay leaf.
- Fluff rice with a fork & serve.
I loved this recipe! It was easy to make and it would go with just about any main dish. Thanks for posting a recipe I'll be using over and over. Made for PAC Spring 2009.