1/1 Photo of Rice Pilaf
the accidental glutton's Note:
A classic rice pilaf that goes well with chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute butter, shallot, salt & pepper in a skillet over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2Add rice & stir until well coated.
- 3Increase heat to medium-high and let rice cook until toasted, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the broth, bay leaf & rosemary.
- 5Bring to a simmer over low heat. Cover & cook until all the broth has been absorbed by the rice, about 15-18 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat & let set for 5 minutes.
- 7Discard the rosemary & bay leaf.
- 8Fluff rice with a fork & serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (1174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 986.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: