Recipe by SuperSpike
Easy to make rice like you get at the mexican restaurant. Cooks up in your rice cooker without any fuss, mess or stirring! Haven't tried it- but could be made on the stovetop in a covered pot.
Top Review by prf2000
This is the greatest Mexican Rice! Takes just like the stuff you get at Mexican restaurants. Like others, I added chili powder and cumin. I also doubled the garlic, chilies, and spices. A hit with DH! My quest for the ultimate Mexican rice recipe is over. Thanks so much!
- 236.59 ml rice (I used long grain rice)
- 532.32 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 85.04 g can tomato paste
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml onion, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 56.69 g can diced green chilies
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- cilantro or parsley, for color