Best Rice Cooker Spanish Rice
A spicy, easy to prepare side dish to accompany any mexican dish. White rice is standard, but you can use any type of rice you like for this yummy recipe. You can even adapt this recipe for couscous by omitting the cooking in the rice cooker. UPDATED to account for error in rice and water proportion. Note that the type of rice you use and the type of rice cooker may require further adjustment.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice (rice cooker cups)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tomato-flavored bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried onion or 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a medium bowl, mix together rice, cumin, garlic powder, diced onion or dried onion, cayenne pepper, and chili powder.
- Place in rice cooker.
- Boil water; add bullion cubes and stir until dissolved.
- Pour water over rice; stir briefly to combine.
- Set rice cooker to cook.
- When done, let sit approximately 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this in my rice cooker and it came out great! I reduced the cumin and chili powder to 1/2 tsp each and omitted the cayenne. Instead of the bullion I used 1 pack each of Goya Cilantro & Tomato and Goya Natural & Complete. I also added a good teaspoon of Sambal Olek. When the rice was ready I added 1 cup thawed peas (with hot water). FABULOUS!!1Reply
Very tasty! Thank you for indicating which cups of rice to use, it turned out perfectly. This turned out surprisingly spicy, too spicy for the kids, but yummilicious for us adults. I think next time I will leave out the cayenne, which should bring the heat level down perfectly for the kids. Thank for posting this, it's a great addition to my rice cooker cookbook!1Reply