1 hr 15 mins
MA in Florida's Note:
I got this recipe out of the local newspaper years ago. The source for recipe was the Florida Beef Council. It has been really well-received whenever I have made it - everyone has loved it. I have done it in the regular oven and in the convection oven and it is great either way. The sauce is very good, but I usually buy a second jar of the brown gravy and heat that up for the ones that prefer a traditional gravy.
My Private Note
cups sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs boneless beef rib eye roast (small end)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 onions, peeled and cut in half (small)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, halved and cut into quarters (large)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) jar prepared beef gravy
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup currant jelly
- 1Combine rosemary, garlic, dry mustard, salt, and pepper.
- 2Rub 1/2 of the mixture evenly over surface of beef roast.
- 3Add oil to the remaining herb mixture.
- 4Toss with the vegetables to coat evenly.
- 5Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- 6Insert meat thermometer in center of thickest part of roast.
- 7Arrange coated vegetables around roast.
- 8Do not add water and do not cover.
- 9Roast at 350° to desired degree of doneness (325°in convection oven).
- 10Cook vegetables 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 11(For roast, allow 20-22 minute per pound for rare or medium. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 for rare, 155 for medium. Place roast on carving board. Return vegetables to oven if longer cooking is necessary. Tent roast with foil and let stand 15 minute before carving. Roast should continue to rise about 5° in temperature to 140° for rare, 160° for medium.).
- 12Meanwhile prepare sauce.
- 13Combine dry mustard and water in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve mustard.
- 14Stir in brown gravy and currant jelly.
- 15Cook over medium heat about 5 minute or until bubbly and jelly is melted, stirring occasionally.
- 17This recipe provides 8 servings of vegetables athough a boneless rib eye roast will yield three 3 ounce servings of cooked meat so increase vegetables if serving more than eight.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rib Eye Roast and Oven-Browned Vegetables With Easy Savory Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.6
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 155.5 mg
- Sodium 681.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 43.6 g