Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found this on the 'net somewhere. I just love rhubarb sauces.
- 2 quarts chopped rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped seedless raisins
- 3 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine rhubarb, onion, raisins, sugar and vinegar. Cook until thick, about 25 minutes. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add spices; cook 5 minutes longer.
- Pour, boiling hot, into sterlized pint jars, leaving 1/8-inch head space. Adjust caps. Process in a boiling water bath according to manufactures instructions. Makes about 4 pints. Excellent accompaniment with meats.
This recipe is from the Ball Blue Book Guide to Home Canning, Freezing and Dehydration.
This sauce is excellent. I served it with deep fried turkey and my entire family loved it. The only thing I did differently was that for the raisins, in addition to the raisins I also added flaved craisans in orange, cherry, strawberry, cranberry, and dried mixed berries to equal the 1 1/2 cups of chopped raisins to give the sauce a mixed fruity flaver. Thanks for posting this recipe.