- 2 quarts chopped rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped seedless raisins
- 3 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rhubarb, onion, raisins, sugar and vinegar. Cook until thick, about 25 minutes. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add spices; cook 5 minutes longer.
- Pour, boiling hot, into sterlized pint jars, leaving 1/8-inch head space. Adjust caps. Process in a boiling water bath according to manufactures instructions. Makes about 4 pints. Excellent accompaniment with meats.