Baked BBQ Turkey Drumsticks
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 turkey legs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (any kind of vinegar can be used as the original recipe said cider vinegar)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use the TBSP of coconut oil and spread it all over the bottom of the pan.
- Rinse turkey legs. Add turkey legs to pan and sprinkle S&P all over.
- Finely dice red onion.
- Add molasses, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce to onion and stir.
- Spoon sauce over turkey legs.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 1 hour covered, turning legs after 30 minutes.
- Uncover legs and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- To make it less fattening take off the skin.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was easy and tasty. My only issue is that like many bone-in poultry dishes, the flavor seemed only skin deep. Perhaps marinating would help, or using cutlets instead? The molasses sauce was dark, mysterious and somewhat addictive. I might trying adding ginger or even cayenne next time for some added zip. I think this would translate well to a slow cooker as well. Thanks!
This is a really simple recipe to make that I found on the net somewhere. I don't remember but I made it last night and all I can say is the sauce is memorable. It was very very tasty. Sweet and tangy. You could even make the sauce on its own for other purposes. I made steamed broccoli and I threw in red potatoes in foil on the rack above the turkey. It was and is devine! And the kids loved it too!