Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I altered this recipe to be more friendly to diabetics like me!
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt, plain
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh rhubarb, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Beat the blue agave nectar and butter together until light and very well mixed ( it will not become "fluffy" , but should be light and smooth.
- Add in the yogurt and eggs mix until well blended.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix with whisk until just moistened.
- With a rubber spatula fold in chopped rhubarb.
- I like to use mini muffin pans, so drop by tablespoon full into greased mini muffin tins.
- Mix together sugar and remaining cinnamon and sprinkle over muffin batter.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.