Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Lovely, dessert with crunchy cookie topping.
Make and share this Rhubarb Mango Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 10 -12 amaretti cookies or 10 -12 gingersnaps
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 2 mangoes
- 6 cups fresh rhubarb, cut in 1/2 inch pieces or 6 cups frozen rhubarb
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cookies in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin into pieces about 1/4" (about 3/4 cup).
- Place in a medium mixing bowl along with flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter with 2 knives until crumbly and about the size of peas.
- In a large bowl stir granulated sugar with cornstarch, cinnamon, & nutmeg until blended.
- Peel mangoes and cut flesh into 1" chunks (about 3 cups).
- Add rhubarb (if using frozen , rinse away ice crystals and pat dry).
- Turn fruit into 8" buttered baking dish. (must hold 8 cups).
- Sprinkle cookie mixture over the top DO NOT PRESS DOWN.
- Set on cookie sheet to catch any spills and bake 45 to 50 min till fruit is tender and topping is a deep golden brown. (cover loosely with foil during last 15 min if too brown.
- Serve with Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream.