1 hr 5 mins
Lovely, dessert with crunchy cookie topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 amaretti cookies or 10 -12 gingersnaps
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 2 mangoes
- 6 cups fresh rhubarb, cut in 1/2 inch pieces or 6 cups frozen rhubarb
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Place cookies in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin into pieces about 1/4" (about 3/4 cup).
- 3Place in a medium mixing bowl along with flour and brown sugar.
- 5Cut in butter with 2 knives until crumbly and about the size of peas.
- 6In a large bowl stir granulated sugar with cornstarch, cinnamon, & nutmeg until blended.
- 7Peel mangoes and cut flesh into 1" chunks (about 3 cups).
- 8Add rhubarb (if using frozen , rinse away ice crystals and pat dry).
- 10Turn fruit into 8" buttered baking dish. (must hold 8 cups).
- 11Sprinkle cookie mixture over the top DO NOT PRESS DOWN.
- 12Set on cookie sheet to catch any spills and bake 45 to 50 min till fruit is tender and topping is a deep golden brown. (cover loosely with foil during last 15 min if too brown.
- 13Serve with Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Mango Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.7
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 166.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 79.5 g
- Protein 7.7 g