1 hr 5 mins
Lovely, dessert with crunchy cookie topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 amaretti cookies or 10 -12 gingersnaps
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 2 mangoes
- 6 cups fresh rhubarb, cut in 1/2 inch pieces or 6 cups frozen rhubarb
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Place cookies in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin into pieces about 1/4" (about 3/4 cup).
- 3Place in a medium mixing bowl along with flour and brown sugar.
- 5Cut in butter with 2 knives until crumbly and about the size of peas.
- 6In a large bowl stir granulated sugar with cornstarch, cinnamon, & nutmeg until blended.
- 7Peel mangoes and cut flesh into 1" chunks (about 3 cups).
- 8Add rhubarb (if using frozen , rinse away ice crystals and pat dry).
- 10Turn fruit into 8" buttered baking dish. (must hold 8 cups).
- 11Sprinkle cookie mixture over the top DO NOT PRESS DOWN.
- 12Set on cookie sheet to catch any spills and bake 45 to 50 min till fruit is tender and topping is a deep golden brown. (cover loosely with foil during last 15 min if too brown.
- 13Serve with Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Mango Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.7
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 166.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 79.5 g
- Protein 7.7 g