photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (12 ounce) can mango nectar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 cups chunks peeled mangoes, fresh,1 inch chunks (7 to 8 lb. total or thawed frozen 2 1/2 to 3 lb. total)
- 1 1⁄2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup roasted macadamia nuts or 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- In a 3- to 4-quart pan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Add mango nectar and stir until blended.
- Stir over high heat until mixture comes to a boil, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in lemon peel and juice.
- Add mangoes and stir gently to coat.
- Pour into a shallow 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix oats, flour, nuts, ginger, and salt.
- Add syrup and butter and mix until blended.
- Distribute mixture evenly over mangoes.
- Set dish in a foil-lined 10- by 15-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 375° oven until topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
One of the best desserts I've made...this was superb hot out of the oven with vanilla frozen yogurt, and also a treat warmed up in the microwave for breakfast. It makes a lot so smaller families may want to consider a half recipe in a square brownie pan. Extremely fresh mangoes and macadamias made this extra good - if using fresh fruit, avoid the fibery strings.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I currently reside in Georgia, in a north Atlanta suburb. I have one more year of school before I get my business marketing degree. I love singing, writing songs, reading, cooking,& traveling.I'm currently getting ready for the upcoming American Idol auditions, I hope I go far!