Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
European bakery style coffee cake.
Make and share this Rhubarb Crumb Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour, set aside 1 tablespoon to mix in with the rhubarb
- 1 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, medium dice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare topping by mixing all topping ingredients together in a separate bowl, set aside.
- Spray and flour an 8 or 9 inch springform pan.
- Cream together until fluffy: butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs one at a time and blend throughly.
- Mix in sour cream and buttermilk.
- Toss diced rhubarb with the tablespoon of reserved flour, this is to prevent the pieces sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- Sift the flour into the egg mixture, blend in well.
- Fold in rhubarb pieces.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes - test for doneness with wooden toothpick.
- Cool in pan serve at room temperature or warm with vanilla ice cream.