Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Mr. Food Cooks Like Mama, c. 1992.
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 lb cooked corned beef, diced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2⁄3 cup Russian salad dressing, bottled
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni until tender; drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine the corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut, caraway seed, and Russian dressing. Add cooked macaroni and toss thoroughly. Serve with tomato wedges, if desired.
- NOTE: If you don't like sauerkrait, drained coleslaw works just as well. Also, you can make your own Russian dressing by mixing 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 3 tablespoons ketchup.