Hearty Reuben Salad
This is a very unique and tasty salad. It tastes very much like the Ruben sandwich. This comes from an issue of Taste of Home.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed swiss cheese
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages sliced corned beef, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 cup rye crouton
- 4 hardboiled egg, peeled and quartered
- In a large salad bowl or platter toss the lettuce, sauerkraut, cheese, corned beef, and parsley.
- Drizzle with dressing. Garnish with croutons and eggs. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love TOH recipes!! This was a good one. I was a bit scared to add the sauerkraut but it really worked! I couldn't find Swiss cheese cubes so I cubed my own and I couldn't find rye croutons so I made some pumpernickel croutons. Also, I don't eat beef so I subbed peppered turkey breast. My favorite sandwich is a grilled turkey Reuben so this was right up my alley! Thanks so much for posting!!Reply