Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so yummy and very easy to put together. Great for St. Patty's Day Celebration!
Make and share this Reuben Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9 x 13" pan with cooking spray.
- Place corned beef strips along bottom of pan.
- Spread sauerkraut over top evenly.
- Pour 1000 Island Drssing evenly over top.
- Layer slices of swiss cheese until evenly covered.
- Brown/sautee torn pumpernickel bread with butter in fry pan until browned and crisp.
- Layer bread over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, serve.
OMG!!!!! This was sooooooooo delicious, and so easy to prepare!!!!! It is everything you love about a reuben sandwich in a casserole dish!!!!! Since I was only cooking for two, I prepared it in an 8" x 8" square glass casserole dish, using Vienna corned beef from the deli, and thousand island dressing. When it came to the bread crumb topping, I tore two slices of rye bread into pieces and put them into about 1/4 cup of butter in the saucepan, then I added about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing mix, which I always have on hand, to give the topping more texture. I browned this mixture in butter, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes, and added some garlic powder and romano cheese (could use parmesan) for more flavor in the topping. My DH said it was absolutely delicious, and is a "keeper" in our regular rotation of recipes. Thanks for a fantastic and easy recipe.....will be making this often!!!!!
Everyone at St.Patrick potluck liked it. Only drawback is that it might be a little on the spendy side.