Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes
This is a twist on traditional chocolate cupcakes for St. Patty's day. I combined a few recipes I found on the web, just storing it here for safe keeping!
- Ready In:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine Guinness and butter.
- Place over medium-low heat until butter melts, then remove from heat. Add cocoa and sugar, and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add to Guinness mixture. Add flour and baking soda, and whisk again until smooth.
- Pour into buttered pan, and bake until risen and firm, 45 minutes to one hour. Place pan on a wire rack and cool completely in pan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more