- Ready In:
- 6 slices rye bread, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb deli sliced corned beef, cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup Russian salad dressing
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spread bread cubes in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Spread sauerkraut evenly over the bread cubes, then layer beef strips over sauerkraut.
- Pour dressing over all.
- Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray and use to cover baking dish, sprayed side down.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Having read the negative reviews about the soggy bread problem, I acquired a loaf of delicious marbled rye (I prefer the way it looks for the casserole) and had them slice it a little thicker than regular slices (about 1 1/2 times the size of a regular slice) and toasted them a little before cubing. Also, I drained my sauerkraut really well. It turned out absolutely amazing