Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is one of my adopted recipes. I have not made any revisions yet.
Top Review by Chabear01
These make up into a really great taste treat, and that from someone who IS NOT a hamburger freak. I had some regular buns on hand and way too busy today to run to the market, even then the flavor was GREAT!!! Even used some horsey sauce on them to add a touch more German flavor. Everyone just has to try these, they won't eat the regular dry burgers again.
- 1 lb beef, Ground
- 5 slices swiss cheese (Each cheese slice should be 3 inches by 3 inches.)
- 1 (4 1/2 ) can corned beef spread or 1 (4 1/2 ) can deviled ham
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Finely Chopped, 1 sm.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ) can sauerkraut, Drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together except the sauerkraut and cheese.
- Shape mixture into 5 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Set oven control to broil or 550 degrees F.
- Broil the patties 4 inches from the heat, turning once, to the desired doneness, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top each patty with sauerkraut and a cheese slice.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and a light brown in color.
- Nice served on toasted rye or pumpernickel buns or bread.