Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Delicious and easy white cheese dip cooks in the crockpot. Be sure to ask the deli to slice the cheese thick.
- 2 lbs white American cheese, slices
- 1 small onion, dices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Tear cheese into pieces and place in the crockpot.
- Add other ingredients, stirring well.
- Cook on low for 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Fantastic, just like our local mexican haunts! I did mess with the recipe just a bit, only used 1 lb of american, no onions or rotel (didn't want it to zippy) and used a bit of taco seasoning instead of cumin and pepper. Will use again and again, nice to be able to make it without going out and paying $5 per bowl! Thanks Chef!