Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Pillsbury's 'Best Muffins and Quick Breads'
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups bran flakes (with or without raisins)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In large bowl, combine buttermilk, oil and eggs; beat well. Add all remaining ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Battter can be baked immediately or stored in tightly covered container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line desired number of muffin cups with paper baking cups. Stir batter; fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 t0 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm.