Refrigerator Apple Bran Muffins
photo by Mimi in Maine
- Ready In:
- 2 cups shreds of whole all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 egg whites (slightly beaten with a fork)
- In a medium bowl combine all bran cereal and buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes till cereal is softened.
- Meanwhile in another large bowl combine both flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and raisins and mix well.
- To the cereal and buttermilk mixture add the applesauce, oil, and egg whites and blend well.
- Add this to the flour mixture all at once and stir till just moistened.
- You may bake this immediately or stored in tightly covered container and put in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 400 degrees; spray cupcake papers with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir batter and fill about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-17 minutes till done.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>John 3:3 <br />Psalm 91 <br /><br />We are born-again Christians and love the Lord Jesus Christ with all our being.? We attend a small Christian and Missionary Alliance church in our town.? <a href=http://www.cmalliance.org>http://www.cmalliance.org</a><br /><br />My family consists of my husband who was a microbiologist but is now retired, two children (daughter and son), four grandchildren, and soon to be two great grandchildren, a girl and a boy. I homeschooled my oldest granddaughter up to a senior in high school. She is now 29 years old. My oldest grandson, who is now 25; my youngest grandson, age 20; my youngest granddaughter is in seventh-grade. Our oldest granddaughter blessed us with our first great granddaughter and soon to be great grandson.? She is the cutest little one.? I love them all. <br /><br />Hosta is my favorite plant, the only plant I own. I now have 123 varieties and they all have names. I add to them each year. I love to do cross stitch, paint, scrapbook, and rubber stamping. <br /><br />I have a rare genetic lung disase called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Type ZZ) that most people have not even heard about. Most doctors may have heard of it but don't know an awful lot about it and so many times it goes misdiagnosed. Feel free to z-mail me if you want to know more about it or go to the website?<a href=http://www.alphaone.org/>http://www.alphaone.org/</a></p>