Recipe by Engrossed
I adapted this from a recipe I found in Simple & Delicious magazaine. I love southwestern flavors!
Top Review by Epi Curious
Great, quick soup that uses ingredients we all usually have on hand. Loved this...I have to watch my salt intake, so I used all water instead of the broth but used a spicy chipotle salsa and there was plenty of flavor; didn't miss the broth at all. Love that this is healthy AND tasty. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat free spicy refried beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained or 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (mild or hot)
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- ground cumin, to taste
- shredded monterey jack cheese, to serve
- chopped cilantro, to serve
- tortilla chips, to serve