Surprisingly Good Refried Bean Soup
When I first made this I didn't think my kids would eat it. They LOVED it and I ended up having to make another batch. Try it with Tostitos Hint of Lime tortilla chips. My kids like to scoop the soup up with the chips! You can also make this very low fat, if you so choose.
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (31 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Cook onions and garlic in oil until transparent.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir the lumps out of the refried beans and heat through.
- Garnish individual servings with crushed tortilla chips.
- I like Tostitos with Hint of Lime--mmmm.
- Sour cream.
- Shredded cheese-- any kind.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I love this recipe - I had made refried beans for a fajita party and had a ton leftover. This was a perfect way to fix them without it looking like leftovers! I had some white rice leftover that I also threw in. This recipe is very forgiving like that, I think you could easily add in anything extra you want!
This was a really great recipe!!! I left out the diced tomatoes & used 1/2 cup of salsa per another reviewer. I agree that it would have had too many tomatoes if both Rotel & diced tomatoes were used! I added 1 tbsp homemade taco seasoning, fat free refried beans & low sodium chicken broth. Served with low fat Mexican cheese & multigrain tortilla chips. Thanks so much for sharing; hope it re-heats well!!