Southwestern-Style Shrimp Taco Salad
I love southwestern salads and cilantro-lime vinaigrettes in restaurants, yet I can't seem to make one at home I love as much! This is from the latest issue of Cooking Light, and looks like it would be good....will report on that later, I have never made it, but plan to soon.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 ears corn, fresh and shucked
- cooking spray
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- Prepare grill to medium high heat.
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic, syrup, and hot sauce in small bowl, stirring with whisk.
- Place shrimp in shallow bowl, drizzle 1 tbsp of lime juice mixture over shrimp, tossing gently to coat; reserve remaining lime juice mixture, set aside.
- Spray grill lightly with cooking spray. Thread shrimp on skewers, or put in grill basket. Place shrimp and corn on grill rack coated with cooking spay.
- Grill 8 minutes, turning shrimp over once, and turning corn frequently until browned on both sides; remove from grill and cool slightly.
- Place shrimp in large bowl. Cut kernels from ears of corn, and add to bowl. Add lettuce, green onions, cilantro, black beans, and plum tomatoes to shrimp and corn mixture. Drizzle with remaining lime juice mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide salad onto six plates and top with avocado; serve immediately.