Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
In '1,000 Vegan Recipes' by Robin Robertson
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (plus more for frying) or 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (plus more for frying)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and mashed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa (homemade or store-bought)
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the mashed beans and chili powder and cook, stirring, until hot, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- To assemble, place 1 tortilla on a work surface and spoon about 1/4 cup of the beans across the bottom half.
- Top the beans with the salsa and onion.
- Fold top half of the tortilla over the filling and press slightly.
- In a large skillet heat a thin layer of oil over medium heat.
- Place folded quesadillas, 1 or 2 at a time, into the hot skillet and heat until hot, turning once, about 1 minute per side.
- Cut quesadillas into 3 or 4 wedges and arrange on plates.
- Serve immediately, w/ quacamole.