Recipe by Fishbait
This is one of our favorite salads. It goes very nicely with a white fish dish. You may want to cover it and place it in the refrigerator for a little bit to let the flavors mingle.
Top Review by SusieQusie
Excellent! One just couldn't go wrong with the flavors happening here! Twissis is visiting & we've been on a 4 day cooking marathon. This was my favorite of the many salads we prepared. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 1 -2 seedless oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed or sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large orange, grated zest of (put this in the oil immediately – don't let the zest dry out)
- 1 pinch herbes de provence
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Arrange the delicate"mouse-ear" Boston leaves around the plate.
- Lay down the oranges, avocado, red onion and sprinkle with the chopped black olives.
- Pour dressing over all.
- Garnish with coriander leaves (a must!).