This is one of our favorite salads. It goes very nicely with a white fish dish. You may want to cover it and place it in the refrigerator for a little bit to let the flavors mingle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 1 -2 seedless oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed or sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large orange, grated zest of (put this in the oil immediately – don't let the zest dry out)
- 1 pinch herbes de provence
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- 2Arrange the delicate"mouse-ear" Boston leaves around the plate.
- 3Lay down the oranges, avocado, red onion and sprinkle with the chopped black olives.
- 4Pour dressing over all.
- 5Garnish with coriander leaves (a must!).
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refreshing Salad
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.2
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 233.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence