Refreshing Cannellini Bean Salad
A wonderfully refreshing bean salad, great served alongside BBQ meats. Every now and again I'll add in a chopped tomato or two.
- Ready In:
- 3 (400 g) cans cannellini or (400 g) cans butter beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Drain the beans and rinse under cold water, drain well.
- Into a food processor or blender, put the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, basil leaves, parsley leaves, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pulse for a few seconds so that there is still texture. Put the beans into a bowl and pour over the dressing, toss well.
- If possible leave for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before serving -- but can be eaten right away and still be very flavoursome.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delish! I didn't have the fresh herbs and I really like Spice Supreme's Pizza Seasoning so I substituted that (about 1/8 cup-it's strong!) for the herbs in this full recipe. Thought I would miss the onions not being in it, but I don't! Use the fresh lemon juice, though, it's worth it. With the above dried herbs though, you won't need hardly any salt and pepper even if you drain and wash your canned beans.1Reply
see 13 more