Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Described as "...good to brush on chicken, pork, beef and lamb every 20 minutes or so." Sounds wonderful with orange zest and garlic. This sauce remains quite thin.
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a saucepan, combine the wine, vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, onion, sugar and orange zest.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer, partially covered, for 25 minutes.
- This sauce remains quite thin.
- Remove from heat and stir in the garlic.