Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Libby has old newspaper clipping recipes going back to the 1930's. This is one of those recipes.
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups cranberry juice
- 6 cups beets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple (optional)
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix well into the cranberry juice. Cook in a saucepan until thick, stirring frequently.
- Add the rest of the ingredients; mix well and heat through.
This was yummy! I made it with light cranberry juice and Splenda. It was fine, although the full-sugared version might be better. I used salt-free, good-quality canned beets as the fresh were sky-high expensive.