Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
So good! And versitile--top pasta, hot dogs, hamburgers, steak, chicken, pizza, you name it with this! Orange and green peppers are great, too--use what you have, or which ever color you like best!
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced in strips
- 1⁄2 yellow onions or 1⁄2 white sweet onion, sliced in strips
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash white pepper or 1 dash black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash oregano, to taste
- 1 dash red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 -4 leaves fresh basil, left whole
- In a large frying pan, gently heat the olive oil and garlic for about 60 seconds on a low flame.
- Add the peppers and onions, basil, pepper, oregano, and pepper flakes.
- Sautee until the the onions are soft and transparent, the peppers and basil"wilt", and the garlic is lightly golden, 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Enjoyed this as a side dish with fish this evening. Beautiful colours, crisp-tender veggies and great flavour. I had to use dried basil and left out the red pepper flakes too - we are wimpy. Thx so much, will make again.
Fantastic!! I used red,yellow and orange baby peppers. The only thing that I changed was I skipped out on the red pepper flakes. I served this as a side dish to turkey breast and sweet potato casserole. It really complimented the meal. Thanks for posting! :)
I rarely make a dish without modifications and this one suited my taste perfectly... well nearly. I only added salt to taste. It is excellent served warm on top of your favorite sandwich. Thanks for posting.