1/1 Photo of Red Peppers and Onions Sauteed in Olive Oil
So good! And versitile--top pasta, hot dogs, hamburgers, steak, chicken, pizza, you name it with this! Orange and green peppers are great, too--use what you have, or which ever color you like best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced in strips
- 1/2 yellow onions or 1/2 white sweet onion, sliced in strips
- 1/2 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash white pepper or 1 dash black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash oregano, to taste
- 1 dash red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 -4 leaves fresh basil, left whole
- 1In a large frying pan, gently heat the olive oil and garlic for about 60 seconds on a low flame.
- 2Add the peppers and onions, basil, pepper, oregano, and pepper flakes.
- 3Sautee until the the onions are soft and transparent, the peppers and basil"wilt", and the garlic is lightly golden, 10-15 minutes.
- 4Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Peppers and Onions Sauteed in Olive Oil
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g