- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in 4 quart or larger pot.
- Saute on medium heat red bell pepper, onion, and garlic for 10 minutes. The red pepper should be tender.
- Add Chicken broth and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a blender.
- Strain the soup with a strainer.
- Return soup to pot and add half and half and black pepper. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.