Two types of potatoes help this creamy side dish stand out at warm weather get-togethers. Made with a spicy mustard dressing. Taken from the Light & Tasty magazine. Note: servings are considered 2/3 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb sweet potato, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1Place the red potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Add sweet potatoes; return to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and cook 8-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are fork tender.
- 5In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together.
- 6Drain potatoes; add to vinegar mixture and stir to gently coat. Cool.
- 7In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and milk.
- 8Stir in the celery, onion and parsley.
- 9Gently stir into cooled potatoe mixture.
- 10Serve immediately or cover and chill.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red and Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 241.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: