Recipe by jonesies
Two types of potatoes help this creamy side dish stand out at warm weather get-togethers. Made with a spicy mustard dressing. Taken from the Light & Tasty magazine. Note: servings are considered 2/3 cup.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb sweet potato, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the red potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook 8-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are fork tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together.
- Drain potatoes; add to vinegar mixture and stir to gently coat. Cool.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and milk.
- Stir in the celery, onion and parsley.
- Gently stir into cooled potatoe mixture.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill.