Recipe by Elmotoo
I've adapted many versions to arrive at this. THE PICKY ONE claims it's her favorite dish. So here it is.....as always, feel free to modify heat levels! This recipe is easily halved or multiplied.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Made this for dinner last night...it is very simple to prepare and a bit different from the White Chicken Chili I usually make. However, my family noticed the difference and asked if I would add the missing spices next time. I did love what the cornstarch and cream did to the broth though, so I will try this recipe again with the addition of my missing spices. Made and reviewed for the Feb.-March 2010/Special Event Potluck Tag Game
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (4)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornmeal
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil. Saute onion, garlic, jalapeno & chicken until vegetables are soft. Add remaining ingredients & simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle on cornmeal to thicken. If it over thickens, add water or broth. Cook 5 minute Taste for seasoning. Stir in cream & serve. Garnish with scallions & cheese.