Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Again, adopted this recipe after living in China. It's really great as a starter or even as a quick snack! I like my egg drop soup gingery. Feel free to reduce amount of ginger if you're not a fan. I've removed the optional msg from the recipe, as I so rarely use it anyway.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Put chicken broth, ginger and scallions in a pot and bring to a full boil. Turn off heat once boiled.
- Add beaten eggs to the broth and immediately start stirring with a fork. Eggs should not be forming lumps. If they are, it is because the eggs were not stirred quickly enough after pouring into the broth. Eggs should have a silky texture and appearance.
- Add cornstarch mixture and turn heat on low until broth thickens slightly. Turn heat off.
- Stir in soy sauce, and sesame oil. Enjoy!
Super egg drop soup! I made this according to the recipe but did not use the optional msg. The flavor and texture was just right. I like this soup gingery, too. Thanx for sharing!
My family loved this soup! I didn't have the scallions, or the sesame oil, plus I forgot the soy sauce. It was still a hit here. Thanks for posting this great recipe.
Omg this was so good even better then the one I get at my local chinese place!!!