Recipe by Rachel Pardoe
Again, adopted this recipe after living in China. It's really great as a starter or even as a quick snack! I like my egg drop soup gingery. Feel free to reduce amount of ginger if you're not a fan. I've removed the optional msg from the recipe, as I so rarely use it anyway.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Super egg drop soup! I made this according to the recipe but did not use the optional msg. The flavor and texture was just right. I like this soup gingery, too. Thanx for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons very finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Put chicken broth, ginger and scallions in a pot and bring to a full boil. Turn off heat once boiled.
- Add beaten eggs to the broth and immediately start stirring with a fork. Eggs should not be forming lumps. If they are, it is because the eggs were not stirred quickly enough after pouring into the broth. Eggs should have a silky texture and appearance.
- Add cornstarch mixture and turn heat on low until broth thickens slightly. Turn heat off.
- Stir in soy sauce, and sesame oil. Enjoy!